The Anthropological Society of Western Australia, ASWA, is a non-profit organisation that depends on dues, contributions, and the volunteer efforts of its members. It offers ordinary, professional, student and pensioner memberships.
Membership Subscriptions, for the period 1 July 2011 to 30 June 2012, are as follows:
- Ordinary Membership, $50.00
- Professional Membership, $100.00
- Student Membership (please indicate student details), $25.00
- Pensioner Membership, $25.00
Plese note that ASWA uses the online payment facility Register Now.
Ordinary, Student, Pensioner, International, Other
To join ASWA for the first time or renew your Ordinary, Student, Pensioner, International or Other membership, click here.
To become a Professional Member of ASWA, or renew your Professional Membership click here.
Applications for Professional Membership are referred to the Professional Committee. Using the link above, intending Professional Members should accompany their application with a Curriculum Vitae which will include details of educational qualifications and professional experience. As a minimum intending Professional Members will have:
- successfully completed a graduate research degree in Social or Cultural Anthropology or Sociology at a recognised institution; or,
- have at least 4 years academic training in either discipline; or,
- demonstrated competence in the field as evidenced by relevant work experience, research or publication.
Membership by Post or in Person
If you do not wish to use the Register Now online payment system, you can download the Membership Application Form and contact the ASWA Membership Secretary to arrange your postal membership or pay in person.
ASWA continues to expand its membership base, particularly by re-establishing contact with former members. Please pass on details of persons interested to the Committee.